Thailand visa for Bulgarians is easy to get, as if you're a citizen of Bulgaria and your visit in Thailand will be not longer than 15 days, you can get a Thailand Visa on Arrival right at the Immigration checkpoint in Thailand. This type of Thailand Visa can be acquired easily if all the required documents are prepared.
Thailand Visa Fee for Bulgarians
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Bulgarians is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee must be paid in local currency (Thai baht) and cash only. Normally there are plenty of currency exchange booths near Visa on Arrival counters so exchanging any popular currency to Thai baht can be done at the airport.
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver is extended until 31 October 2019. For more information check: Extension of Thailand Visa on Arrival Fees Waiver 2019.
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver should be EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that once the new decision will be finally confirmed Thailand Visa on Arrival will be issued for free until April 2020. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival for Free until April 2020.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival, Bulgarians must provide these documents:
- Passport issued by the Republic of Bulgaria which is valid for at least 30 days from the day of arrival.
- A return or onward ticket from Thailand within 15 days from arrival. Flights from Bulgaria to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Bulgaria to Thailand.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form.
- Thailand Arrival Card.
- Cash for paying Thailand Visa on Arrival fee 2000 THB (free until 2019-04-30).
- Address and booking confirmation of hotel in Thailand. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family for your stay in Thailand. Money can be presented in any currency.
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Bulgarians can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Bulgarians can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
HOT NEWS! New Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched and it is available for Bulgarians. More info: New Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Bulgarians
If you're a citizen of Bulgaria and have a plan to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, Visa on Arrival won't be suitable for you. You should get Thailand Visa in advance instead. In such a case you can get Thailand Single Entry Visa or Thailand Multiple Entry Visa from Thai Consulate in Sofia (more info: http://www.thaiconsulate.bg/l-en). The fee of Thailand single entry visa is 30 Euro, for multiple entry visa - 150 Euro.
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Vientiane, Laos
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Bali, Indonesia
- How to Get Thailand Visa in Yangon, Myanmar
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.