Thailand visa for Georgian Citizens can be acquired with no big difficulties, as if you're a citizen of Georgia and your visit in Thailand will be up to 15 days long, starting from 14 April 2019 you can get a Thailand Visa on Arrival right at the border. This type of Thailand Visa can be acquired easily if you have all the required documents ready.
Visa on Arrival Confirmation
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival that can be acquired at the time of the arrival to Thailand and lets tourists stay in the country for up to 15 days was recently granted to five new countries. Starting from 14 April 2019, citizens of Georgia and 4 other countries will be able to apply for Visa on Arrival at Thai airports and border crossings.
More information: Thailand Visa on Arrival Available for 5 New Countries.
Thailand Visa Fee for Georgian
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Georgians is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee must be paid in cash and local currency (Thai baht). Normally there are plenty of currency exchange booths near Visa on Arrival counters so exchanging any popular foreign currency to Thai baht can be done at the place.
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver is extended until 31 October 2019. For more information check: Extension of Thailand Visa on Arrival Fees Waiver 2019.
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver should be EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that once the new decision will be finally confirmed Thailand Visa on Arrival will be issued for free until April 2020. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival for Free until April 2020.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival, Georgian citizens must provide these documents:
- Passport issued by the Republic of Georgia (must be valid for at least 30 days from the arrival date).
- A ticket for the journey out from Thailand (must be within 15 days from the arrival date). Flights from Georgia to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Georgia to Thailand.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form that can be downloaded and filled in advance.
- Thailand Arrival Card that will be provided during the flight and can be filled before reaching Visa on Arrival counters.
- Thailand Visa on Arrival fee of 2000 THB, that can be paid in local currency (free until 2019-04-30, extended until 31 October 2019).
- Address and booking confirmation of accommodation in Thailand. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family for your stay in Thailand. Funds can be presented in any currency but you need to show cash (requested in rare cases).
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Georgian citizens can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Georgians can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
HOT NEWS! New Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched and it will be available for Georgians. For an additional fee you can submit all documents and make a payment online, cutting time required for Visa on Arrival application at the airport to as little as one minute.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Georgian
If you're a citizen of Georgia and planning to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, Visa on Arrival won't be suitable for you. You should get Thailand Visa in advance instead. In such a case you can get Thailand Single Entry Visa or Thailand Multiple Entry Visa from any Thai embassy or consulate. Thailand visa for Georgians can also be issued by Thai embassies and consulates in other Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia etc. For more information check:
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Vientiane, Laos
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Bali, Indonesia
- How to Get Thailand Visa in Yangon, Myanmar
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.