Thailand visa for Indians can be acquired really easy. If you are a citizen of India and planning to visit Thailand for a short vacation, you can get a Visa on Arrival at all international airports and most border crossings. This kind of Thailand visa can be received at the arrival in Thailand and will be valid for 15 days.
Thailand Visa Fees for Indians
Regular Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Indians is 2000 THB. The fee must be paid in cash and only local currency Thai baht is accepted for payment of the visa fee.
If you will be flying to Thailand, you will find currency exchange at the airport and will be able to exchange your money (Indian Rupee, US Dollars, Euros or any other popular currency) for paying the visa fee.
Thailand Visa Free for Indian
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee exemption was valid until the end of April 2019 and then extended until the end of October 2019. And once again, Visa on Arrival fee waiver is EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that Thailand visa for Indians is issued for free until the end of April 2020, unless E-Visa service is used for faster entry to Thailand.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] 4G SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indians
When applying for Thai Visa on Arrival, Indians need to provide these documents:
- Indian Citizen Passport valid for at least 30 days.
- Return / onward journey air ticket for flying out of Thailand (back to India or any other country) within the next 15 days.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Filled-in Visa on Arrival application form and Thailand Arrival Card (provided during the flight).
- Visa on Arrival fee - 2000 THB / 0 THB until 30 April 2020.
- Address of hotel in Thailand and booking confirmation. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand. Funds can be shown in any currency (Indian Rupee is suitable as well, just check for current rate to meet the requirement). The proof of funds is rarely asked to show but it can happen.
Where Visa on Arrival is Issued?
Citizens of India can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - Visa at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - Visa at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - Visa at Phuket Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - Visa at Krabi Airport (KBV)
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Indians and other nationalities can be found here: International airports, harbours and land border crossings where you can get Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
There is also a new e-Visa Thailand online application system for Thailand Visa on Arrival being implemented at the moment. This way of application is also available for Indians. More info about the new online application system can be found here: E-Visa Thailand (E-VoA).
Detailed information about how to how to apply for e-Visa Thailand and how to fill in e-Visa application form correctly can be found here: How to Apply for Thai eVisa.
HOT NEWS! This e-Visa Thailand system seems to have failed to live up expectations and the new Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched but it hardly improved the situation. More info: New Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA).
Other types of Thailand Visa for Indians
If you're a citizen of India and planning to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, you should choose another type of Thailand Visa that is available for Indians and other nationalities.
In such a case you can choose to get Thailand Single Entry Visa from Thai Embassy in India (located in New Delhi) through one of 2 eligible companies that have the right to submit your documents to the embassy or from Thai Consulate in Mumbai. Thailand visa for Indians applying in Mumbai costs 2500 INR.
Thailand visa for Indians is also issued at Thai Embassies and Thai Consulates in other countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore etc.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.