Thailand visa for Romanian Citizens can be acquired with no big difficulties, as if you're a citizen of Romania and your visit in Thailand will be up to 15 days long, you can get a Thailand Visa on Arrival right at the border. This type of Thailand Visa can be acquired easily if you have all the required documents ready.
Thailand Visa Fee for Romanian
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Romanians is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee must be paid in cash and local currency (Thai baht). Normally there are plenty of currency exchange booths near Visa on Arrival counters so exchanging any popular currency to Thai baht can be done at the place.
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver was valid until 31 October 2019 and now extended once again.
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver is EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that Thailand Visa on Arrival will be issued for free until April 2020. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival for Free until April 2020.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] 4G SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival, Romanian citizens must provide these documents:
- Passport issued by the Republic of Romania and valid for at least 30 days from the day of arrival.
- A ticket for the journey out from Thailand. The ticket must be within 15 days from the arrival. Flights from Romania to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Romania to Thailand.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form that can be filled in advance.
- Thailand Arrival Card that will be provided during the flight.
- Thailand Visa on Arrival fee of 2000 THB (visa fee waiver until 30 April 2020).
- Address and booking confirmation of accommodation in Thailand. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family for your stay in Thailand. Funds can be presented in any currency.
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Romanian citizens can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Romanians can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
HOT NEWS! New Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched and it is available for Romanians. More info: New Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Romanian
If you're a citizen of Romania and planning to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, Visa on Arrival won't be suitable for you. You should get Thailand Visa in advance instead. In such a case you can get Thailand Single Entry Visa or Thailand Multiple Entry Visa from Thai Embassy in Bucharest (more info: http://www.thaiembassy.org/bucharest/). The fee of Thailand single entry visa is 30 Euro, multiple - 150 Euro.
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Vientiane, Laos
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Bali, Indonesia
- How to Get Thailand Visa in Yangon, Myanmar
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.