The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) launched new train service for Eastern Line from Bangkok to Pattaya and Sattahip. This air-conditioned train will first run from March 17 to September 30, 2018 as this period of 6 months will be a test-run.
Special Diesel Train No.997/998 Bangkok - Ban Phlu Ta Luang - Bangkok
Saturday / Sunday only
Train No 997 : Bangkok-Ban Phlu Ta Luang
The train will depart Bangkok from Hua Lamphong Railway Station at 6:45 am and will reach Pattaya at 9.13 am. Next it will go to Ban Phlu Ta Luang in Sattahip district in Chon Buri which is the final stop. The final destination will be reached at 9.50 am.
Train No 998 : Ban Phlu Ta Luang-Bangkok
|Station||Train No.997||Train No.998|
|Bangkok||6:45 AM||6:55 PM|
|Makkasan||6:59 AM||6:38 PM|
|Khlong Tan||7:07 AM||6:32 PM|
|Huamark||7:15 AM||6:25 PM|
|Ladkrabang||7:28 AM||6:11 PM|
|Hua Takhe||7:33 AM||6:05 PM|
|Chachoengsao Junction||8:01 AM||5:36 PM|
|Chonburi||8:36 AM||5:03 PM|
|Sriracha Junction||8:54 AM||4:45 PM|
|Pattaya||9:13 AM||4:26 PM|
|Pattaya Floating Market||9:24 AM||4:15 PM|
|Wat Yan Sang Wararam||9:33 AM||4:05 PM|
|Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden||9:38 AM||4:00 PM|
|Ban Phlu Ta Luang||9:50 AM||3:50 PM|
- From Bangkok to any of the stations between Chonburi and Baan Plu Ta Luang (including Sriracha Junction and Pattaya): 170 THB
- From Bangkok to Chachoengsao Junction: 80 THB
- From Chachoengsao Junction to any of the stations between Chonburi and Baan Plu Ta Luang: 90 THB
- From Sriracha Junction to any of the stations between Pattaya Station and Baan Plu Ta Luang Station: 50 THB
- Train ticket for a trip from Bangkok to the stations between Chonburi and Ban Phlu Ta Luang (including Sriracha Junction and Pattaya) can be booked 60 days in advance.
- Train ticket for a trip from Bangkok to Chachoengsao Junction can be booked up to 2 days in advance.
- Train ticket for a trip from Chachoengsao Junction to any of the stations between Chonburi and Ban Phlu Ta Luang can be booked 60 days in advance.
- Train ticket for a trip from Sriracha to any of the stations between Pattaya and Ban Plu Ta Luang can be bought on the day of travel. The seats are not specified.
Other transportation services
All the main stations have public transport connecting the station with the town and tourist destinations:
- At Sriracha Junction, there are taxis and motorbike taxis waiting to bring you to the pier for taking a boat to Koh Si Chang.
- At Pattaya Station, there are songtaews running to Pattaya Beach and Bali Hai Pier (boats to Koh Larn)
- At Pattaya Floating Market, there are songtaews to and from Wat Yan Sang Wararam and Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden.
- At Ban Phlu Ta Luang Station, there are songtaews to Sattahip.
(Photos from pr.railway Facebook account)
For other transportation options read Bangkok to Pattaya - Best Way to Travel or check available options below.