Fried pork belly with salt is a popular Thai dish to cook at home. Salty pork belly is fried to a crunchy golden brown that makes it flavorful and addictive.
Learn Cooking Thai Food with us!
1 kg fresh pork belly with skin, cut into small pieces
2 cups cooking vegetable oil
2 tablespoons salt
1. Mix pork belly and salt together. Set aside for 10 mins.
2. Place pork belly skin side down into a large pot and pour enough of vegetable oil to completely submerge the meat. Use medium to high heat.
3. Fry until the bottom side turns lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Flip pork and cook for another 3 minutes, until the other side turns golden brown. Pork should now be crunchy.
5. Transfer pork to a mesh strainer for draining the extra oil and then cut the pork into 3/4-inch slices for serving.
- Our favorite way of serving pork belly is to eat it with steamed rice or sticky rice and chili sauce
- Taste the pork and season with extra salt if needed.