Pumpkin in Syrup is typical Thai Dessert that can easily be cooked. Pumpkin and sugar are the main ingredients. That’s make this dessert really sweet. You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference.
Learn Cooking Thai Food with us!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
300g pumpkin (remove the seeds and cut into bite sized pieces)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1. Put the pot or saucepan on low heat then add water and sugar together and mix them until the sugar dissolves.
2. Once syrup is boiling, add pumpkin pieces, salt and lime juice. You can add more water and sugar, if it is needed.
3. Keep boiling it for about 8 mins or more till the pumpkin is cooked and the color of it will be darker. The sauce will be slightly reduced and thickened.
4. Allow it to cool down and serve.
- We didn't remove the peel as it helps pumpkin pieces to hold their shape, but if you don't like it you can remove the peel before cutting it bite-size.
- You can serve Pumpkin in Syrup topped with creamy coconut cream.
We hope you like our pumpkin in syrup recipe.