Thai Fried Bananas or Kluay Tod is a popular snack in Thailand that is essentially made from ripe bananas dipped in flour, then deep fried to make it crispy. These fried bananas are slightly sweet, but crunchy and delicious.
Thai Fried Banana Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 6-7 bananas, traditionally small Asian bananas are used but you can use any bananas.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or 1 cup 2 tablespoon cake flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying
1. In a mixing bowl, place all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, ice and water together. Stir to combine.
2. Peel the bananas and cut each lengthwise in half and dip banana pieces in the flour mixture.
3. Place oil into a small frying pan and heat it to medium.
4. Fry bananas until they become golden brown.
5. Remove bananas from the oil and let them dry on paper towels. Your Thai fried bananas or Kluay Tod is ready!