Chicken Kiev is delicious! It is a dish of chicken fillet pounded and rolls stuffed with butter, then coated with eggs and breadcrumbs and baked. The recipe is a simple homemade chicken kiev that is good for the starter.
Learn Cooking Thai Food with us!
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 60 mins
- 20 g salted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, for seasoning the chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Pound the chicken to no less than 1/8-inch thickness. Season each piece of chicken with pepper.
2. Mash together the butter, dried parsley and put it on the chicken and roll it, then freeze it until it is hardened.
3. Place breadcrumbs on a large plate and tip the eggs with 1 teaspoon of water onto another. On a third plate, mix the flour and salt together.
4. Take the chicken breast out from the freezer. Gently press each chicken breast piece into flour mixture to coat. Dip each coated breast piece in the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then gently put the kiev into the pan, and cook until it’s golden brown, approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and salad.