Thailand Visa on Arrival that can be acquired at the time of the arrival to Thailand and lets tourists stay in the country for up to 15 days was recently granted to five new countries. Starting from 14 April 2019, citizens of Georgia, Mexico, Vanuatu, Nauru and Russia will be able to apply for Visa on Arrival at Thai airports and border crossings.
The resolution of the Cabinet related to an update of countries eligible to apply for Thailand Visa on Arrival was issued on 20 November 2018 but was not effective for few months as it had be announced in the Royal Gazette to come into power.
On 15 March 2019 the resolution was finally confirmed and opportunity to apply for Thailand Visa on Arrival was granted to the nationalities of Georgia, Mexico, Vanuatu, Nauru and Russia. The law comes into effect 30 days after confirmation, so Visa on Arrival will be issued for travelers arriving to Thailand since 14 April 2019.
Another good thing - Thailand Visa on Arrival is issued free of charge until 30 April 2019!
An updated list of countries eligible to use Thailand Visa on Arrival can be found here: Thailand Visa on Arrival.
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival these documents must be provided:
- Passport valid for at least 30 days from the day of arrival.
- A ticket for the journey out from Thailand. The ticket must be within 15 days from the arrival date.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form.
- Thailand Arrival Card.
- Thailand Visa on Arrival fee of 2000 THB (free until 2019-04-30).
- Address and booking confirmation of accommodation in Thailand. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family for your stay in Thailand. Funds can be presented in any currency.
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Visa on Arrival is issued at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
HOT NEWS! New Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched and it will be available for the citizens of Georgia, Mexico, Vanuatu, Nauru and Russia. More info: New Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.