Thai government is preparing more changes in Thai Visa policy and has good news for the citizens of 11 countries. The citizens of 4 new countries will be eligible for Thai Visa on Arrival and Thai visa exemption will be available for 7 new nationalities.
The resolution of the Cabinet was already issued but it’s still not effective as it must be announced in the Royal Gazette first. Follow us on Facebook and we will let you know once the proposed changes become effective.
The resolution is as follows:
Resolution of the Cabinet on 20 November 2018
The Cabinet has approved the resolution of the relevant governmental meeting on the determination of visa eligibility for tourism: the right to obtain a Visa on Arrival (VoA) and Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme that can stay no longer than 30 days, on August 8, 2017 and April 26, 2018, as proposed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as follows:
1. Grant the addition countries for Visa on Arrival (VoA) to the nationalities of Mexico, Vanuatu, Nauru and Georgia.
2. Grant the addition countries for 30 days Tourist Visa Exemption to the nationalities of Latvia, Lithuania, Andorra, San Marino, Ukraine, the Maldives and Mauritius.
3. Approve the list of eligible of 30 days Tourist Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival countries except a reciprocal principle for Nauru, Latvia, Lithuania, Andorra, San Marino, Ukraine and Mexico.
4. Cancellation of Visa on Arrival to the nationalities of Oman, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Liechtenstein, Estonia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, San Marino, Andorra, Ukraine, Maldives and Mauritius because these countries have the right to get both the Visa on Arrival and 30 days Tourist Visa Exemption. Grant only 30 days Tourist Visa Exemption which is better than the Visa on Arrival for the benefit purposes of the Immigration Officer which typically give a permit for a better one.
5. Authorize the Ministry of Interior and relevant agencies to make an Announcement of The Ministry of Interior on the subject of the list of countries where nationalities will apply for a Visa on Arrival to improve the list of countries and include the countries of Mexico, Vanuatu, Nauru, Georgia into the list VoA-eligible countries and exclude 15 countries including Oman, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Liechtenstein, Estonia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, San Marino, Andorra, Ukraine, the Maldives and Mauritius that have the right to use Visa on Arrival and 30 days Tourist Visa Exemption in the new announcement of the Ministry of Interior and announce in the Royal Gazette to make it effective afterwards.
Original text of the resolution in Thai language can be found here (item 21): Original resolution.
New countries eligible for Thai Visa on Arrival
New countries eligible for Thai Tourist Visa Exemption
As it was mentioned above, the resolution must be announced in the Royal Gazette to become effective. Follow us on Facebook and we will let you know once the proposed changes will be made.
More info about different types of Thai Visa can be found here: Thailand Visa Policy.
HOT NEWS! Thai Visa on Arrival fee exemption should be extended. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival Fees Waiver Extended in 2019.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.