This is a deep-fried tofu recipe. Your meal will be special with this soft egg tofu which is crispy on the outside and topped with savory gravy. If you cannot find egg tofu at your home, you can use the normal tofu too.
Learn Cooking Thai Food with us!
1 roll egg tofu, sliced into 2cm each
50 g minced pork
3 pieces shrimp, cut small
2 teaspoons crab meat
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
3 teaspoons corn starch
½ teaspoon Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons corn starch or tapioca flour, mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
1/3 cup of water (depends on amount of gravy desired)
cilantro leaf, for garnishing
2 spring onions, cut 1" lengthwise
1 tablespoon Cooking Wine (optional)
1. Cut egg tofu into 1 inch thick rounds, dust it with corn starch and deep-fry on the medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from wok and drain. Set aside.
2. Remove excessive oil and leave only about 1 tablespoon in the wok, then add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
3. Add minced pork, shrimp and shitake mushroom and stir-fry well for 10 seconds before adding spring onion, crab meat, water and seasoning.
4. Mix corn starch with 4 tablespoons of water and pour into the pan. Stir continuously until the sauce gravy gets thick.
5. Turn the heat off and pour the gravy over the fried egg tofu.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaf before serving with steamed rice.